Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
What we are doing behind the scenes to keep our patients safe #coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Using Universal Precautions for all instrument sterilization
- Slimming down our schedules to reduce congregating in the waiting room and treatment areas
- In-office air filtration with six-stage filtration system which captures dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), mold, allergens, VIRUSES, odors, and BIO-AEROSOLS.
- Checking every team member’s temperature twice a day
- Not letting team members work if they feel ill, have a cough, or a temperature over 100.4 degrees
- Double cleaning all surfaces between patients and after procedures
- Having patients use a mouth rinse known to kill COVID-19 to limit exposure before procedures
- Providing treatment with a rubber dam to limit the possibility of aerosol
- Encouraging patients to reschedule their appointments if they:
- Have had sinus congestion or respiratory symptoms like a head cold with or without a cough
- Have a fever (>100.4 degrees)
- Have a sore throat
- Felt sick or tired (malaise)
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Have recently traveled
- Limiting the number of family members to decrease the number of people in our waiting room (social distancing)
- Having family/friends wait in their cars during appointments
- Frequent disinfection of our lobby and public clinic areas
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html